1.
TikTok is unfortunately one of my most used apps. I've noticed a lot recently that the news has been popping up on my ‘for you feed’. Now that TikTok is able to show longer than 15-minute videos, it gives me a good reality break during my doom scroll. I have had TikTok for years now, so the algorithm knows what is appealing to me. When it comes to people I know, I look to TikTok for usual updates and/or the videos that they are reposting.
2. Instagram
Growing up as a kid on social media, I look to Instagram when I want to see what is going on in the lives of the people I know. Instagram delivers this to me in a very quick way. Instagram is mostly pictures, which can be one or multiple photos. The ability to connect quickly with celebrities and content creators feels more personal and connected; the information that is relayed is also easy to digest.
3. ESPNWhen I need a quick search for anything having to do with sports news, I turn to ESPN. ESPN gives me access to Major league games, college games, and gives me direct access to game announcements as well. I trust ESPN because it provides well-researched reports; they also broadcast across many different media platforms. The only downside is that they don't really divide their media on their app; it is all mixed together, only divided by sport.
4. Google
I love Google, though it can be unhelpful sometimes. I go to Google for my quickest needs. If I have a question that I know can be answered by Google. Google is also always updating, so the news stays relevant. Google's formatting is also easy to understand, as it pushes the most appealing source for my question.
5. YouTube
YouTube pushes stories that are relevant and interesting towards me. Whenever I am eating or have a bit of downtime, I am on YouTube. YouTube gives me the liberty to search for whatever I want, and quickly a video relating to that topic will show up. This is then added to my algorithm, and now I am recommended videos that relate to that topic, so I do not have to research that topic again.

.jpeg)

No comments:
Post a Comment